Sharing Experiences Across Distances {SAP DESIGN}

Problem: How might we improve teamwork between members of remote teams?

Solution: Delivered screens for an app concept.

Process: User research, persona creation, rapid prototyping, user testing, iteration


 We created a persona from our user interviews and problem synthesis.

We created a persona from our user interviews and problem synthesis.

I envisioned the SEAD app to enable people separated by long distances to build a common trove of shared experiences as a solid foundation for further emotional growth of trust and camaraderie.

Through ethnographic interviews, I realized that many workers on a remote team desired a closer connection with teammates that they had never met in person before, and it was hard to start conversations outside the scope of immediate-need tasks with them otherwise.


 The team going through problem synthesis to build understanding of the problem and how might we (HMW) solve it.

The team going through problem synthesis to build understanding of the problem and how might we (HMW) solve it.


 Affinity mapping the problems our users face as well as possible solutions.

Affinity mapping the problems our users face as well as possible solutions.

My "aha" moment came when a user stated that even meeting someone once was enough to facilitate further conversations, however not every company has the resources to send teammates overseas.

In lieu of that, our app aims to facilitate a shared experience based on user interests across geographical locations, and captures images and emotions that are then utilized to promote conversation and connection.


 The first prototype that we tested on users.

The first prototype that we tested on users.

Utilizing design sprint methodologies, my team brainstormed and synthesized the problem statement.

1. I conducted user interviews with a partner and we created an affinity diagram from the user insights to synthesize trends and problem hypotheses.

2. My partner lead persona creation and as a team we created a P.O.V. 

3. I then wireframed and created the paper prototype and tested with users. After incorporating feedback, we iterated on the design a second time to deliver the final screens.


 The final version with user feedback incorporated that we presented.

The final version with user feedback incorporated that we presented.